I am a mixed-media artist also known as Arted.1. Originally from New Orleans, I was raised in the North Oakland/Berkeley area. I hand make one-of-a kind mixed-media paintings. Painting has allowed me to return to my right-brain activities (my happy place). I enjoy reusing and repurposing materials and mixing colors and textures: the shinier the more I like it. I hope you enjoy my work.
TECHNIQUES AND MATERIALS:
- Fluid Art and textures on canvas
- Most pieces are mixed with glass, string, glue, paint and other media. Using unexpected color is one of my talents.
FUN FACTS ABOUT DETRA:
- Learned color therapy in college over 40 years ago.
- One of my job hats was Small Business Development for a major university. I did in-reach to the university community and outreach to small businesses.
- My great-grandmother was a tailor and I still use the skills she taught me with fond memories of her
- I am occasionally available for commissioned pieces. We all have layers and one of mine is having a personal relationship with God. I also love to garden.
- Please contact me at email@example.com to request a consultation for your project.